Friday, September 16, 2011

Beginnings in Tarragona

Starting out in Barcelona, I had to find my way to the train that would take me to Tarragona. It's incredibly hard navigating through an enormous station where nobody speaks English. I eventually found my way to the correct train and an hour later arrived in Tarragona. A short walk through a couple of streets and across a pier led me to my new floating home, Argo. Everyone eventually found their way and we started greeting and introducing ourselves. We had our first dinner on deck, followed by our first deck cleaning. We finished the night with some informational meetings and free time. Everyone seems fairly down to earth, there are 15 guy students and 4 girls. The ship is 112 feet so Everything is crammed. Everyone gets to sleep with half of everything that they brought with them. This makes a no crap policy clear pretty fast. We're going to take a trip back up to Barcelona tomorrow to see an aquarium and cruise around. We're going to be in port until Monday or Tuesday due to weather. Can't wait to see what awaits us this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment